Thursday, April 19, 2007

Game 14, L6-0, Buehrle No Hits Rangers, Nearly Perfect

Not much to say today. Pretty sad. I barely remember Mike Witt's perfect game against the Rangers to finish the '84 season, (I was 6), but this ought to stick with me and the players for a while. Sure, his he had good stuff, but it seems like alot of people have good stuff when they face us. Always hear about how pitchers get it turned around against us or have a great night. I bet our bats have something to do with it.

Millwood looked bad, and in comparison to Buehrle, looked horrible. The #1 starter is like the boss in an office. People follow his lead. He sets the tone and level of expectation. If he fails to do his job, everyone else has an excuse and when people have reasons to justify failure, they'll use them. Human nature.

I'm going to my first game of the season on Friday against the A's. Anything new at the concession stand that I should try?

No comments: