Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rangers Lose First Series of the New Season

Jennings threw OK. No major screw ups in this game, but nothing substantial either. Hamilton was the only one to reach base twice, both times on walks. Broussard did muscle one out, but I just don't see this guy being part of the Rangers future, and if not, he's wasting at-bats that some others need. On the other hand, if he has to keep digging throw out of the dirt, maybe he has to stay.

Silva, on the other hand, looked like a pitcher worth a 4-yr./$48 million contract. The largest ever given to a Mariner pitcher. Seemed a little high this off season, but what MLB contract doesn't seem high. I'd just like to see a pitcher come to the Rangers and pitch better than he had prior to his arrival. Been a long time since that's happened. I'm drawing a blank.

I hope Gabbard can get it going on Friday. He's been underwhelming this spring and I was excited when we brought him over in the Sox trade.

No comments: